Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Table

Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord. Bless You GOD.

Before the start of the New Year, Emerson from the English camp offered me a job. Then, after the start of the brand New Year of 2014 – it was Stewart’s turn to offer me a job. Again, as always…I am just so thankful for these blessed opportunities that comes my way. It is indeed one of the many GOD’s amazing blessings for me before and after the New Year. I feel a strong gratitude towards the many people who have helped me to get to where I am now. Now, in Stewart’s case, due to my salary range – I am indeed overpriced for the SDD position. I am sure that the Japanese top management will question back on Stewart’s motives and I certainly didn’t want to get Stewart into any trouble. With my salary bracket, I know that I have to go back as a buyer or I need to lead a team. And, the time is also not right yet for me to compromise on my salary…even though…I am tempted to. Additionally, I also want to fix my current department…however, if the right offers do comes in, I won’t be surprise that I will abandon Ursula too. Because opportunity only comes knocking at my door once. So, our conversation was left hanging there. Nonetheless, I have applied for the Business Analyst position. I have to work closely with the Marketing Department & the Commercial Team on category review project, conduct SKU optimization analyses and make recommendations on insights & strategies which can be actionable. I got rejected :( Sigh…it’s what I wanted to do! I no longer wants to do a buying job anymore, I want to move behind the scene, I want to do more of the analytical, research, consultation, management & advisory role, then later moving up to the corporate roles, the furthest I will drive is to Subang, I want flexible working hours or being able to work from home and I want an RM_ salary per month :) I realized, that a buyer’s future is so bloody limited…its either the buyer gets to be promoted to move up the ranks within the company, join the supplier’s side or come out and open their own business. Aiyo

No comments: