Sunday, January 05, 2014

School food will never be the same




Ursula has told me that she load in the orders for Christy’s department, does the repeat ordering for her indent stocks and changes her whole line selection for the CNY Leaflets. Lucky, Ursula didn't change mine. I don’t understand here…if Ursula is not satisfied with what Christy have arrange for the Leaflets…Ursula could just verbally tell Christy what to change, what to remove, what to put in…why Ursula wants to do it everything herself. Then, what is Christy doing in the office the whole day? How will Christy feels?

But this also serves as a warning & threat to me as well. Because once Ursula has mastered everything – she can apply the same tactics on me. The first time I told Ursula, if she keeps on doing everything, I will lose my job. The second time I told Ursula, that it’s up to her. Ursula told me her 2014 ambition is to be the stationery buyer. She wants to get involve in everything. She wants to see all of my suppliers; be it the big potatoes or the small potatoes. I don’t want to be like Christy. Otherwise, I will be just doing follow-up jobs only. Even though I know that if I cannot hold the steering wheel well, I need to back off, let someone with more experience to take over, I will sit in the passenger’s seat, I will observe & learn and take over the wheel when the time is right, when I am ready. But the problem is, will Ursula let go by that time then?

Then, Ursula mentions about the job swapping thingy again. Don’t know how true this is. The General ask Ursula how ready I am to do stationery. If The General wants to swap me, The General will swap me to Christy’s department. I think Celtic is right. As Ursula is already an expert in the Auto/DIY department – I can just run the show for her. Christy doesn’t know anything about stationery, so does Ursula. Ursula knows that she can control Christy better. Thus, Ursula can also directly control the stationery department. But as Ursula is slowly penetrating in and is thinking that I am letting her to be in charge in my portfolio because Ursula declares that she leads, I follow – I think I should be safe for now :) This Ursula also asks Shawn whether Shawn wants to do the stationery department or not, Shawn says yes. Alamak, so many people want my rice bowl.

No comments: