Saturday, January 11, 2014

Colleague, Comrade, Conspirator




On last week Tuesday, I know that Celtic is having a range review presentation with The General & Leonardo. One of Celtic’s categories – Bathroom Accessories – are actually overlapping with some of Ursula’s DIY items. Its’ the so-called grey area because the items class categories are quite debatable on which department to park in. During Mr. Jan Vet’s time, due to favoritism, the stocks classification came under Ursula’s jurisdiction. However now, Celtic requested to The General that Ursula can have the categories if she wants to, The General is to re-class back the entire Celtic’s portfolio, Ursula can have the sales but The General must be fair to Celtic that the budget must also be park back under Ursula. Celtic told me that Celtic wants to kill off Ursula.

Then on Friday evening, Ursula told me that she kena lecture from The General :) Ursula said if Celtic wants it back, its fine with her as well. She also said that Celtic also doesn’t have the right range in the first place and the right suppliers to provide the necessary support.

I already know what is happening :) So, I buat bodoh and terus wayang. I pretend to be scared if my items have indeed clash or overlap with some other buyers. But I also reason with Ursula that if the category is justifiable to fight back, then Ursula must fight back for it. For example – this coming Chinese New Year. Artificial flowers are under Madeleine’s portfolio, but I too can also make a claim for it as I am selling CNY decorative items because flowers is also a part of the CNY decorating collections. Even though it is being sold under separate entity in our competitors’ structure. Then, I also went on to touch on another classic case – the Stationery Tapes. I sell OPP Tapes, Masking Tapes and Cloth Tapes. These are under the Stationery Department. Ursula can only sell tapes that are heavy duty in nature, tapes that is use for PVC pipes, steel bolts etc.

I am not sure why Ursula is sharing this information with me. Is she genuinely wants to share them with me? Or is she wants to test me whether I have been pre-informed earlier by Celtic, which I did not feedback to Ursula so she can be notify in advance of The General's warning? Or is she wants to test me on how I will analyze this whole situation? Or she wants to see which sides that I am align with? My Friend? Or my Boss? I told Ursula that after the swap thingy – I can feel that Celtic is more cautious of me but in actual fact its not. Wayang mah – and to see how Ursula will react and how many beans she wants to continue to spill. Ursula only mentions that Celtic is more jealous of me right now because I am getting more organized. I want to say this to Ursula – don’t ever underestimate Celtic.

No comments: