Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Life and Education




Ursula called me on my desk phone…mana tahu, my desk phone rosak…so she call me on my mobile…then she ask me to go over to her room to take a new phone. Ursula say that she is very sad.

(1) Apparently Nigel advertised 6 types of rice cooker in one leaflet. In my humble opinion…if it’s a range discount…ok lor…but for a leaflet, we must advertise our key lines. It’s important (like what Tommy have taught me previously) to have a Good, Better & Best range…but when it comes to leaflet advertisement…we should advertise the key lines…the best from the Good range, the best from the Better range or the best from the Best range.

(2) Nigel also wants to list in another breadmaker model. In my humble opinion…breadmaker no need to have so many models…it’s a temporary fad.

(3) Nigel wants to list in another new vendor. In my humble opinion…stationery is just a stationery. Yes, we must have the branded one, the key players in the market and the normal traders players. For the normal traders players – also no need so many suppliers…Jonas loves to have so many suppliers…Stewart also commented that Jonas is good in paperwork but not innovative enough in driving the business. Again, must have the Good, Better & Best suppliers…these suppliers needs to be consolidated and rewarded for their support. I even share the Matte-Marit story to Ursula. In the end, I didn’t open an account with Matter-Marit…and I don’t give a damn on how Miguel & Alice look at me. I stood my ground. I don’t want to open another account. Certainly not for the sake of more Buying Income. This mentality is wrong. How they see me is none of my business. So I told Ursula…to be fair or to be seen as being fair to Nigel…ask Nigel to get the 3 quotations from 3 different suppliers…so in the end, even if Nigel selects Nigel’s own supplier…Ursula still gets a good price bargain. This is what Ursula taught me when we did the Arch File & Document Case together.

(4) I also ask Ursula whether Ursula wants to be the good person or the bad person. Ursula wants to be a good employee to the organization. Hahaha…

(5) I remind Ursula that previously I am scare of Ursula…in a good way…hahaha…

(6) For the October Closing…Ursula claim that Ursula manage to close it all by herself…but Nigel thinks that Nigel close it…hahaha…

No comments: